Santander at the Masters
With the start of the Masters Tournament yesterday, the competition for the 2012 golf season has been taken to the next level. Throughout the weekend, the biggest names in the profession will swing into action competing for the coveted green jacket. At present, the top five FedEx Cup Points Leaders – Hunter Mahan, Johnson Wagner, Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson, and Kyle Stanley – are all in the mix. As is Tiger Woods, fresh off a win at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, and hoping to capture his fifth Masters title. By all accounts, this year promises to be a thrilling one. The gorgeous Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia is the site of the first Major of the year, marking the 76th edition of golf’s Masters event.
While you’re enjoying the tournament this weekend, keep a close eye on the Santander-sponsored Rory McIlroy. McIlroy signed a sponsorship deal with Santander in 2011 and the Santander logo can be seen on a sleeve of his shirt while he plays. This being his fourth Masters appearance, the 22-year-old is looking to make the most of his game against the likes of veterans such as Tiger, Phil, Vijay and other legends of the game.
Just for fun, here are a few quick trivia questions about the Masters:
1. Which player has the most wins?
2. What two players have four wins each?
3. Who won the first Masters?
4. Which player registered the lowest score for a round?
5. Which player holds the tournament record?
6. What’s Amen Corner?
7. Who designed Augusta National?
8. In what year did the club officially open?
9. Which hole is considered by most to be the hardest to play?
10. What are the 18 holes on the course named after?
1. Jack Nicklaus with six wins
2. Tiger Woods and Arnold Palmer
3. Horton Smith in 1934
4. Two of them, both Nick Price and Greg Norman have shot a 63
5. Tiger Woods shot a 270 (-18) in 1997
6. The area of the course beginning with the second shot at Hole 11 to the tee shot at 13
7. Alister MacKenzie
9. Hole 11 — White Dogwood, a 505-yard, par 4
10. Trees and shrubs (i.e. Azalea, Yellow Jasmine, Flowering Crab Apple, Pink Dogwood)Written by: